Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, better known as Tom Cruise , is a famous American actor and producer, born in the city of Syracuse, New York during the year 1962.
Some of his films were truly global box office hits and quickly made him one of the most sought-after actors in the entire history of modern cinema. Some of his most famous works, such as: “Mission Impossible”, “Top Gun” or “Interview with the vampire”, are without any doubt a must for all those people who consider themselves great enthusiasts of the seventh art.
70 Famous Tom Cruise Quotes
Below you can discover a selection of the 70 Famous Tom Cruise Quotes on Success and Life, some quotes with which you will discover many curiosities about him and his commonly unknown personality.
1. I think if technology is used in a way that is not responsible, that is a bad thing. I believe that technology and where it is going is inevitable, and there are great benefits that can help an individual in society at large.
2. The awards are wonderful. I have been nominated many times and have won many awards. But my journey is not towards that. If it happens, it will be great. If not, it is still wonderful.
3. I have had such extremes in my life. From being this kind of wild child, to a year studying to be a Franciscan priest at the seminary … I was very frustrated.
4. But I think you also look at Scientology, it is the fastest growing religion. It has helped many people.
5. Where do I get my seriousness? You can’t help growing up fast when your parents divorce. You see your mother go looking for food stamps and she’s making fifty dollars too much to get them, with four children to support.
6. I have cooked turkeys in my day, but when Mom is around, I let her do it.
7. I don’t care if you print something nasty on me. If it’s true, fine. I don’t care, but just make sure it’s true.
8. This is how I’ve lived my life: I’ve never been late for a set. I make movies that I believe in. I feel privileged to be able to do what I love.
9. When it comes to emotional and chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind it.
10. I have learned to relax more. Everyone feels pressure in what they do, maybe mine is a little different because there don’t seem to be enough hours in the day to achieve what I want.
11. I kept looking [at Katie] and thinking, ‘This woman is amazing.’ I am happy to be with her. She’s amazing, and I would think the same of her, even if she wasn’t with me, she’s just amazing.
12. If someone no longer wants to be a criminal, I can give them tools that can improve their life. You have no idea how many people want to know what Scientology is.
13. Of course I believe in aliens. Are you arrogant enough to believe that we are alone in this universe?
14. I’ve spent many birthdays on a movie set, all great days.
15. Whether it’s making a movie or raising my children, I personally strive to do the right thing and learn.
16. My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment. I got over eight thousand dollars in one night.
17. Everyone dies, Sally. The thing is to die well.
18. Stanley Kubrick was brilliant in getting under the skin of the audience. I was very interested in the idea of How can I say this with just one camera?
19. I am not greedy. I just want my half.
20. Even in my dreams, I am an idiot who knows that he is about to wake up to reality.
21. Stanley Kubrick was very selective when he came to the fore. Every director has their taste in acting, but Stanley would explore a scene to find what was most interesting to him.
22. I’ve always thought about the audience. I just want to entertain the audience. That’s what it’s all about: what’s good for the movie, what’s best for the movie, what’s best for the audience.
23. Making a movie is like a game of chess. It’s about constantly changing patterns, adapting to new things. It is not just black and white, as you know.
24. I used to go to Maple Leafs games all the time when Nic was filming “Dying Here in Toronto.” This is a great city. I like to be here.
25. In the movie “Vanilla Sky”: You will get the full experience of what love is.
26. Yes, of course. Are you really arrogant enough to believe that we are alone in this universe? Millions of stars, and we are supposed to be the only living creatures? No, there are many things out there, we just don’t know.
27. Who has not danced in their underwear?
28. Psychiatry is a pseudoscience … You don’t know the history of psychiatry. I do … Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, you’re not even a fool. You don’t even know what Ritalin is.
29. There is life in every breath.
30. I feel the need, the need for speed.
31. Seriously, I’d go in a second. I would be the first actor in the space and I would love to do it.
32. There is no chemical imbalance.
33. I did not become an actor to have power, but I happen to have it and I have many opportunities.
34. I have always had the same values. Family has always been important to me. When I roll, everyone comes.
35. They smell good, they look pretty, I love women.
36. Today, people can say what they want. All of a sudden, it goes into the rumor and then it evolves and somehow it becomes reality and you say, What is this? You know, why don’t you ask me?
37. Usually I’m nervous about meeting people that I admire because what if they’re not cool or something?
38. When I’m promoting a movie, I’m not going to get caught up in anything else, and that includes all my personal stuff.
39. I don’t pretend to be the character. I am the character.
40. It seems to me that if there were any logic in our language, trust would be a four letter word.
41. Being a Scientologist, when you go through an accident … you know you have to do something about it because you know that you are the only one who can really help.
42. When I was a kid, when I got to the edge of a cliff I wanted to jump. I didn’t want to kill myself. I wanted to fly.
43. I am always close to my mother and sisters. I always wanted to be a father, husband.
44. I just want to help people. I am a helper for example, I myself have helped hundreds of people to quit drugs. At Scientology, we have the only successful drug rehab program in the world. It’s called Narconon.
45. I don’t hide from cameras or anything.
46. I love adventure movies, I love action adventure movies. It is pure cinema and you enter and get lost. For me, it’s that challenge: I want to give the audience that ride, that entertainment.
47. I had to train myself to focus my attention. I became very visual and learned to create mental images to understand what I read.
48. But my friends are happy for me. People who know me are happy. My mom is happy, my family is happy.
49. Emotions rise. You try not to kick things, but you go through things you can’t avoid.
50. I will never forget the moment I became a dad. It is difficult to describe that level of responsibility, the desire to give so much joy, the clarity: nothing is more important than this.
51. Just like life … I dedicate myself to life.
52. I don’t care who you are, life has challenges.
53. I’m always looking for a challenge and something different.
54. I feel good about the decisions I made and I am happy. You know, I am very happy.
55. I am passionate about learning. I am passionate about life.
56. I am an all or nothing person, and when I am interested in something, I give it my all.
57. Sometimes I feel lonely, but I don’t want to get into a relationship with someone if it’s not right. I’m not the type of person who just does things to get them done.
58. I am someone who does not believe in making my problems other people’s problems.
59. It is well known that I am a Scientologist, and that has helped me find that inner peace in my life and it is something that has given me great stability and tools that I use.
60. I have never worked for money, never. If your choices are based on gross income and the movie doesn’t perform well, what does that mean? Leaves you with nothing.
61. Perception and reality are two different things.
62. I demand a lot from myself. I want to learn. I can’t sit down, I like a challenge so I create a lot of challenges for myself.
63. Nothing ends well, that’s why it ends.
64. My childhood was extremely lonely. I had dyslexia and many children made fun of me. That experience made me difficult inside, because you learn to accept ridicule in silence.
65. No dream is just a dream.
66. Someday. That is a dangerous word. It’s really just a code for ‘never’.
67. In this life, it’s not what you expect, it’s not what you deserve, it’s what you take!
68. I have spent many birthdays on a movie set, all great days.
69. I am always close to my mother and sisters. I always wanted to be a father, husband.
70. I like working with people that I like to hang out with, that I admire, that are really smart and talented, and that we can solve problems together.